TE24 International Desk:
CAIRO – Egypt’s environment ministry said on Sunday (July 3rd) that two women had been killed in a shark attack in Egypt’s Red Sea south of the city of Hurghada.
Two sources told the media that the body of a Romanian tourist was found 40 hours after the murder of a 68-year-old Austrian woman. Both attacks occurred within 600 meters of each other off the coast of Sahal Hashish, according to sources.
A committee has been set up to look into the circumstances of the attack and the scientific reasons behind it, the ministry said in a statement.
It is also said that the Governor of the Red Sea, Major General Amuru Hanafi, has ordered the suspension of all activities around the attack.
A source in the Red Sea Health Department told Reuters the first victim had been transferred to a local private hospital. He added that an attempt was made to resuscitate him, but he died of his injuries.
Security sources added that Austrians are living in Egypt with their Egyptian husbands
Leave a Reply